Wednesday 22 February 2017

TWICE is Back with 'Knock Knock'

TWICE is back! The girls is really popular these days. I started to have interest in Twice because of Gong Seungyeon. I am her fan and later I found out that her sister, Jungyeon was competing in Sixteen to debut as JYP’s new girl group. I never watch that show but I know about their debut. JYP really hit big with Twice because just look at how popular they are now. 


KNOCK KNOCK

TWICE has made a comeback with another hit song called ‘Knock Knock’. This is the lead track for their latest mini-album, TWICEcoaster: LANE 2.
The album was released on February 20, 2017 with the music video released at midnight. This nine-member girl group has become one of the hottest kpop idol group. Ever since debuting in October 2015, many of their released songs: Like Ooh-Ahh, Cheer Up and TT have become a big success not only in South Korea but internationally.

MY OPINION

One word to describe this song and mv, ADORABLE. Twice really know how to pull this cutesy concept. For me, ‘Knock Knock’ is different from their previous tracks, but very likeable. The song is super catchy, fun and lively. It has a more natural melody and isn’t too focus to have a hook part. The line distribution is better and much more balance between the members compared to their previous songs. The starter for this song is still Nayeon, just like always. Although this song don’t have a strong chorus, but the “knock knock knock knock on my door” part is very addictive.

The music video match perfectly with the song’s mood. I love the stop motion effect in this mv. The colour scheme is very pleasing. The girls’ outfits are super cute and their hairstyles are very spot-on. I wonder how many times they have to dance for each set of outfit. The 'knocking dance' is super duper cute and easy to follow.



I love that the mv displays Twice member’s friendship and playfulness side. I am happy to see the members having a fun time with the slumber party and pillow fights.  I would say JYP is a scene stealer. His cameo is the best!! Totally unexpected. Twice members are all looking so cute, but my favourite is Jungyeon. It might sounds bias since I love her sister, but I really love how she always have this chic styles.



I watch the mv with the anticipation to know how this is the continuation of TT. But, I honestly left confused. My theory is that the book that was delivered to their house has a magic power. That is why when they turn to the page with a snow princess picture, then coincidently it is also snowing outside of their house. I think the book is trying to lure them out of the house. After they are lock out of the house at midnight, the book absorb them and later they will cosplay as the characters in the book in TT. What I don’t understand is the clock, why is it turning back the time? 

Overall, i think Twice hit the jackpot again. Love this song and music video.

Click here to watch Twice 'Knock Knock' music video.

ONCE, please help me understand this mv. Share your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...