Sunday 26 February 2017

How Will You React To Your Idol Dating News?

Idol Dating ‘Scandal’. Why Does It Bothers Kpop Fan?




Dating scandal is a very sensitive and controversial topic among Kpop idol fans. Thus, I want to stress that my discussion is from my point of view and never intend to harm any particular idol or person. Please be aware that it might be too sensitive for your fangirl/fanboy heart.
Another thing is that I don’t like the word dating ‘scandal’. For me, scandal is doing something morally bad. You know what I mean? Like going out with someone else husband or wife. So, I prefer to use dating news instead of dating scandal.

My thoughts on idol relationship

I am also a fangirl but I strongly disagree with some fan reaction to their idol relationship. I never bother much about this topic because I personally have no problem with my idol dating. As long as they still promote together with other group members, then I am perfectly fine. Perhaps it is because my idol is at the marriage age. If you follow my blog, you must notice that I am a Shinhwa fan. Shinhwa members’ age range is between 37 to 39 years old (Korean age), so I am not surprise if any of them is getting married. However, a few days ago I saw a news that Eric is dating model/actress Na Hye Mi. I was very shocked at first because that news came out of nowhere. Then, the next thing that came to my mind was poor Dongwan. His knee injury news was being overshadowed by Eric’s dating news. But, what can we do. People are more attracted to celebrities dating news.



With a happy feeling, I opened my twitter with the intention of congratulating the new couple. And then I saw a few ‘nonsense’ or ‘crazy’ tweets from the self-proclaimed ‘fan’.

“I hate Eric”
“I hate that woman”
 “Oppa is a liar”
“No oppa you cannot get married”
“I will not go to Shinhwa concert or buy their album anymore”

These were some of the tweets I read from some of them. Seriously, girls/guys?? How can you called yourself a fan if you cannot support that person. If he is happy, then aren’t we supposed to be happy for him too? Do he has to stay single for as long as he promote as an idol? Please don’t be selfish. If we can have a life as a human, so can our idols. Why? The reason is simple. It is because they are a human too.

Why do fans hate their idol dating?




I always wonder why the fans will feel so frustrated and sometimes furious with this dating news. Usually, fangirls of male kpop idol group will freak out more on this type of news. Therefore, the woman will get many backlash compared to the man. Regardless if the woman is an idol, actress, model or noncelebrity, they will receive more hate from the fans.

My theory is that a fangirl views their idol as their other half. They dedicated themselves to their oppa just like an obedient girlfriend. Why do I say obedient? Just look at how these fangirls provide support for every idol’s promotion. We can’t deny the fact that most fangirl does spend a lot of money, time and effort to support these idols. Usually, a dedicated fan will buy multiple copies of their favourite idol’s album and also went to multiple concert venues. They also buy gift for fansigning, provide support for solo projects and many more.

Thus, when their idol suddenly announce that they are dating someone, automatically they feel like being backstab. Just like how a girlfriend is being cheated by their boyfriend. All these time, they might feel like their dedication is just a waste or so on. I view this as the fan is being overprotective of their oppa. I believe they know deep down in their heart that there is a very tiny chance for them to become their idol’s other behalf. Instead of saying they are feeling jealous, I would say these fan are worried that their idol might get hurt if anything happen in their relationship. Other than that, I think these fans are also worried that their idol might leave their group after getting married. I understand these fans because they view these idol as a ‘prince charming’ and their ideal type.

Crazy fan or sasaeng fan

The biggest problem is the reaction from these crazy or sasaeng fan. These fan not just imagine but believe that the idol is really dating them. So, they really react like a girlfriend being betrayed by a boyfriend. Some will do crazy thing like threaten the idol real girlfriend, writing abusive comments on internet or so on. Perhaps this is one of the reason why idol always keep their relationship as a secret. They are trying the best to protect their girlfriend from any harm. The mental harm is far more dangerous in this case. Imagine you read many negative comments about you on the internet.

Agency reaction on idol relationship

Most idols keep their dating news under the radar. It might be because they want to protect the other person. But, most importantly, I think the idol is trying to protect the image that the agency had created for them. An idol is created to fulfil the fantasy of fan as an image of a perfect boyfriend/girlfriend. An agency also spend money, time and effort to train and prepare these idols to match the audience expectation. 



So, I think it is normal if an agency request an idol to keep their relationship a secret to ensure that their image as a perfect boyfriend for fans is secured. Nowadays, many agencies prohibit their idols to date within the few years after debut. I think this is a way for agency to deal with fans leaving a fanbase after a dating news announcement. After all, the idols are their source of income.

Conclusion

An idol dating news might be too hard especially for a new idol group that consists of younger members. But, remember that no matter how hard it is for you, it is your idol personal matter. He/she need to have a life too just like you. Just be grateful that your idol will still be promoting even after he/she dating. As for fans of older group, please..please..please be a reasonable person. Let he/she date and get married. Don’t you want to see how his/her babies look like? I think that will be fun. I personally hope to see all Shinhwa members get married and have kids already. I hope to see Shinhwa juniors.

   

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked by those crazy fans,they are really crazy!They can't distinguish the reality from the program effect.The most extreme comment I've heard is that'I have loved you fall 10 years,but how can you love other woman.'

    OMG.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I like topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.
    Best Dating App London

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...