Saturday 11 March 2017

My Favourite Ballad Tracks From Shinhwa

BEST PICKS OF SHINHWA’S BALLAD TRACKS

Shinhwa has always been known as an idol group with powerful performance. They always be creative with their stage performances by including amazing choreography and sometimes utilizing props brilliantly. My personal favourites are Perfect Man, Venus and Sniper. Although their dance songs are more well-known, Shinhwa also have tons of amazing ballad tracks. Check out my best picks of Shinhwa’s amazing ballad tracks. 



ANGEL


‘Angel’ is one of the lead track in their seventh studio album, Brand New. Ahn Young-Min wrote the lyrics as well as composed the song. It has always be one of my most listen to ballad. The music video main stars are Eric and Hyesung. At first, I thought they were both fighting over the same girl. But, the rooftop fighting scene portrays seemingly that Eric is fighting with his other side of him. From my interpretation of the music video, Eric is suffering from split personalities, with him the bad side and Hyesung the good side. In the end, Eric kills himself. Still sad to see Eric dies in the end. 



However, thanks to Hyesung, my mood will never be the same again when listen to this song. After I watched Shinhwa Broadcast, the image of the members teasing Hyesung’s running with a gun in the music video always haunt my mind. Followed by his foot acting, the legendary “apeunya..nado apeuda”. Oh my god. Now, I laugh when listening to the song which make me look like an idiot.

Click here to watch Shinhwa's Angel music video.


HURTS


Beautiful song. This is definitely one of my favourite from their 10th album, The Return. I instantly felt in love with this song and ‘Venus’ that I remember putting both on replay for a whole day. The song is very soothing to listen to with a deep lyrics. This is a remake of Frankie J’s song with a title ‘Looking Back’. 

Eric wrote the lyric and also add a new style of rap for the song. My personal part is Eric’s rap because it sounds very intense and he delivers it well. Shinhwa sing with the perfect vocal, harmonization and emotions. Too bad that they do not do a music video for this song. But, still glad that they performed this song during their comeback stage on music shows. Well, at least I can watch them somewhere other than their concert.

Click here to watch Shinhwa's Hurts live performance.
Click here to listen to Frankie J's Looking Back.


HEAVEN


After watching VLive, I wonder why Eric loves this song so much that he went to Hyesung’s house and listen to it repetitively. I was eager and excited to listen to it to. Wow, just amazing. This ballad track is very pleasing to listen, no wonder this is Eric’s favourite track from their latest 13th album, Unchanging: Touch. Hyesung starts the song with his angelic voice and it is just perfect. His voice is definitely perfect especially for ballads. 

The vocal lines really do justice to portray the sad and melancholic mood in this song. The raps also sounds very sad and intense especially Eric’s part. Personally, I love the chorus part as well as Minwoo’s delivery of this song. I can feels his emotion although I can’t understand the lyrics without translation. I always watch their live performance on KBS’s Music Bank because they have an English translation. Truly an amazing song that portrays a feeling after a break-up and the difficulty of moving on.

Click here to watch Shinhwa's Heaven live performance.

DESTINY OF LOVE



Definitely, one of the best ballad song ever released by Shinhwa. Everytime I listen to the song, my heart ache although I don’t understand every single words they sang. I absolutely cries when I read the lyrics translation. This song was released in the repackaged White Edition for their 9th album, Shinhwa’s last album before their 4 years hiatus due to mandatory military service. I cries every time I watch the music video. So sad to see their 10th anniversary concert especially the ending part. 

The members vocal in the song portray how they feels perfectly. I especially love Minwoo’s part when his voice crack while singing ‘Saranghae’ towards the ending of the song. This song has the perfect combination of heart wrenching lyrics, music arrangement, raps and emotions. Kudos to Hyesung for writing the lyrics, Minwoo for the music arrangement and Eric for the raps. Also, the members for doing a great job in expressing their emotions. I can feel how they don’t want to part with their beloved fans, Shinhwa Changjo even just for a while. 

Click here to watch Shinhwa's Destiny of Love music performance.

What is your personal favourite ballad track from Shinhwa? Share with me in the comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...